Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Simple Family Meal

One thing I love about my parents is their creativity and emphasis on family. When we were kids, my dad took a sheet of plywood and a few pieces of wood, added some fold-able legs and made 2 extensions for our dinner table. Each "leaf" is 6' and our regular table is 6'. With the 2 leafs up, we have an 18' table!

For 30 years, they've hosted Thanksgiving for anyone that can make it. One year we had almost 60 people! Normally, the "Adults" get to sit at the large table but it can fit 20+ people at it. This is something I took for granted until I spent Thanksgiving with another family. I saw that normal large family gatherings require people to sit at only 6-8 people per table.

I knew I wanted to share our first meal together as a couple at a table with both of our families. My mom knew buying custom table clothes would never work so she made the tablecloth and the runner for both the family table and the friends table. We used white tablecloths and a black runner with a red ribbon on top. The table cloths and runners can also be used for other functions.


Total Cost: None-all supplies were donated by mom and dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment